View Single Post
Old 02-01-19, 02:29 PM
RiddleOfSteel
Lugged, Dura-Ace Glory

Bikes: '87 Schwinn Prologue - '74 Schwinn Paramount P15 - '8X Davidson Impulse - '88 Land Shark Road Shark - '92 Specialized Epic Carbon - '15 Cannondale CAAD10 Disc - '81 Trek 710 - '92? Bushnell Track Bike

Mentioned: 150 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 780 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Kobe View Post
I was watching that one too because of the very unusual color combo. Seller kept dropping the price and it looks like your trigger finger was quicker than mine.
I wanted to go back to the road geometry as I have a few crit geometry Cannondales. It's remarkable how Cannondale didn't mess with their ST geometry at all from 1983 into the early '90s. And their road bike geometry wasn't changed from about 1985 through at least 1991 if not further. Remarkable consistency. Crit geometry is great, don't get me wrong--Cannondale did very well.

The seller packed the frameset very well, if a bit enthusiastically as I had to cut and peel away packing tape over lots of bubble wrap for the better part of 20 minutes. I will happily take that over under-packing! As to the frame's condition and color, I am simply over the moon about it. The gloss is good but there are many fine longitudinal scratches from a scrubbing sponge during cleaning at some point. Nothing that rubbing compound won't remedy. Wax and touch up paint after that. It's going to glow. Can't wait to get home from work tonight!