View Single Post
Old 02-07-19, 03:57 PM
oldsport500

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Giacomo 1
Wow, how long has that been hiding in your shed!?

Looks pristine. Man, I love that engraved quill stem. Did you pay extra for parts like that BITD? When was the last time you ride it, and what are your plans?
Thanks~! It's not really quite as nice as the photos seem to show. Mechanically it's nice but there are a number of small paint chips that keep it from being #1 . Brake hoods are rotten etc.
Sad to say that it hasn't been on the road since the 90s. I doubt the bike has more than a couple thousand miles on it. Life changes in 1984 prevented riding for several years. Really, it hasn't been used since. I mostly went mountain biking and motorcycling. I don't remember the story of the engraved parts. Looks nice but would have to be used on a Basso only I guess. I bought it from Snider's Cyclery in Bakersfield Calif. I worked across the street and would often go in the shop where it was hanging on the wall. I was riding a lot at the time and thought I should have a cool bike.

After many decades, we are moving this spring so I'm going to try and sell it in the next couple months.

More photos on Google photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hhhq5ct7g7HrqRmM9

Last edited by oldsport500; 02-07-19 at 04:01 PM. Reason: spelling, add link