wipekitty
vespertine member

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 687 Post(s)
Liked 220 Times in 163 Posts
Originally Posted by linberl
I'm not worried about regular appointments, I can get my dog there. I'm just thinking about if an injury occurs. I saw someone's dog get attacked by an off leash dog while walking and their dog was hurt pretty badly, bleeding, etc. I don't imagine a taxi would respond quickly enough nor want a bleeding animal inside. It's only life-threatening emergencies I'm worried about......where getting my dog to the emergency vet fast matters, and I don't have time to make arrangements. I guess I would have to hope one of my neighbors was home....I can't find any other solution. Fingers crossed I will never need this, it's really the only situation where I cannot figure out a solution for me not having a car. $$$ would not be an issue, I'd pay whatever to get my dog to the vet, so flagging down a stranger and offering a hundred bucks might work or whatever.
I've taken Uber with cats before - you can just send them a message once a driver is assigned to make sure that it's OK.

One driver told me that company policy requires them to accept dogs. I don't quite believe it, but I imagine most drivers would be fine, especially if you have blankets to collect hair/drool and you tip well!