Banned

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1361 Post(s)
Liked 423 Times in 282 Posts
Originally Posted by nomadmax
What about Simplex shifters Crank?
Refering to bar-end Simplex?
For the moment I'm on the Shimano kick - derailleurs, hubs, early DA seatpost of which lead me to the Shimano bar-ends. Different than the nicely operating ratchet feel Suntour but these have a very precise and spring action feel.

I had them on another bike and really like how quick and precise they are. Also the bars on my Teledyne are unknown French, frightening light and with shorter drop grip section. The bar-ends make up for the difference.

Though my real goal is to keep the hands on the drops much as possible on this noodle of a bike. Especially if dareing to take on the Thurs. night shootout and hang long as possible in the paceline. During the back half route, the fastest are vaporizing in front. I'm also conservative and don't like distraction devices for paceline riding. The fellows know me enough that when riding old school I have a mutual respect. Much of this is me wanting to smooth it up a bit and cherish my old school fun.

Do have regrets missing an offering of Cyclo bar end shifters a few months ago here on BF. Don't know much about them but they have a very svelte look that would match my hub skewers. Probably no spring action and strictly friction.

Last edited by crank_addict; 02-10-19 at 06:32 PM.