Thread: Flats!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-17-19, 07:52 PM
greatscott

Bikes: 1984 Fuji Club, Suntour ARX; 2013 Lynskey Peloton, mostly 105 with Ultegra rear derailleur, Enve 2.0 fork; 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c, full Deore with TRP dual piston mech disk brakes

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 71 Posts
Originally Posted by daoswald
The Park boot comes in a three pack for only slightly more than the cost of three dollar bills. And it is better suited to the task. They take up no appreciable amount of space in my saddle wedge bag. I bought a three pack and that gave me one for each of my bikes plus a spare that stays in a zip lock on a shelf in my garage waiting for the day it needs to replace one in one of my saddle bags. I don't think I have ever needed a boot yet but carrying the Park boot is cheap insurance. The one catastrophic tire failure I had was more than a boot could have covered (a wreck that necessitated replacing the wheel too).
I agree with you. The one thing which I'm not sure of is the life expectancy of the self adhesive backing, I just make it a point to throw mine out every season and buy another pack so I don't find out the hard way that the adhesive no longer works when I need it say 5 years after I bought the boot. Not only do these patches not take up much space I actually put mine into a Altoids tin that I built similar to something I saw on the internet, and store all sorts of small stuff so that crap doesn't go flying willy nilly inside the bag.