burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
You know what I will leave your to your delusions. You probably are a rocket scientist also and probably the best one there is. There was a good video on youtube that shows you how to be a rocket scientist and clearly you must have watched it. You are the best mechanic ever and nobody could ever be better than you and your 6 dollar multi tool is the only tool you need. Enjoy the delusion, friend : )
A competent person can probably assemble and ride off starting with a bare frame in under an hour.

Ever rebuilt an interference fit cylinder head for a drag car? One with hydraulic cam adjustment? Then installed it back to the engine and timed it up and turned the key over? That's a butt pucker moment for sure.

Every time someone tries to tout the complexity of bike repair I find it laughable. Here, I'm going to give you a $5000 cylinder head that's going onto a $10000 engine. You screw up, you're done the second you turn the key over.

The competent and experienced bike tech can and do save inexperienced individuals lots of time, hassle, and money. But don't make it out to be more than it is, a bike.

FWIW, I build my own stuff and do carbon repair. And guess what, I learned how to do it from..........the internet.