View Single Post
Old 03-04-19, 05:34 PM
juvela

Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3811 Post(s)
Liked 3,338 Times in 2,178 Posts
Originally Posted by 3speedslow

Now that I have decided to use the original cotter crank, I am back to the old pedals as well. Only marking on them is MB. Stands for Milano Bianchi?

Small job job but took a lot of time for just one pedal. Reflectors are missing on the one I started with and the other one is half way there. If I ride the bike more and don’t upgrade the crank, I will put some red reflective tape behind its metal frame.

turned out decent and continues the classic look of my Italian folder. Refurbed one spins quite nice with new lube.
-----

Puzzled by the MB marking on the pedal dustcaps. Assume it to be cycle manufacturer. Much as with the brake calipers. The brand of them is Super Rapid so suspect the Bianchi name refers to a manufacturer of the cycle or distributor.

Pedals have three possible makers: Agrati, Sheffield & Way-Assauto.

All produced models of this pattern with the white rubbers and amber reflectors.

Will have to check my materials to see who is the specific maker here...

Do the bottom bracket fittings bear the Gnutti mark?

The forum's experts have written that they suspect there may have been only two or three manufacturers of these Italian folders so that nearly all of the ones produced represent contract builds, regardless of how badged.

-----

Last edited by juvela; 03-04-19 at 05:35 PM. Reason: spellin'