View Single Post
Old 03-15-19, 01:17 PM
sooni

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Marcus_Ti
Presuming any of the tension readings are accurate--they point to a bad batch of rims....because the R90SL is a nice rim and has a great record as such.

The DS is sky high and uneven....but the NDS is barely acceptable. Makes me wonder if when the wheel was tensioned they found that with the DS at spec the NDS was way too low, so compensated by jacking the tension up ridiculously....and all the variance is due to the rim starting to fail.
I am not sure how I could go wrong with the readings going over them multiple times with a calibrated tensionmeter, but I sincerely hope that is not the case. However, regardless of the calibration, that would not account for the variance.

Brass nipples and 32 spokes should be easy to work with. My wheels are on the very low end of the spectrum of what they offer price wise for custom builds so perhaps it was given less attention.

Once I quoted Easton's specs from their website they offered to send me a return label so they could take a look.Though I have concern that the wheel is already compromised.

Really appreciate all the insight.