Old 04-07-19, 07:08 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6193 Post(s)
Liked 4,809 Times in 3,317 Posts
Despite what many might think. I have no objection to motorcycles. I used to ride motorcycles long ago. It's just interesting to me that so many really get upset when someone calls e-bikes, "motorcycles". Is it that they have a bad outlook toward those that ride other types of motorcycles but "e-bike" makes it palatable to them?

I realize for some, they just want to use a term that is more specific about the type of bike or bicycle. Yes, motorcycle is a bicycle too. Bicycle is a very broad classification for two wheeled means of conveyance.

There are small gasoline engines that have been and still are sold to mount on bicycles to assist with pedaling ever since the days people first started putting motors on bikes. My nephew had one not too many years ago to ride to the university campus where he works. Kept him from showing up all sweaty was his reasoning.

I believe that if we overlook the fact that e-bikes are motorcycles, that we will have more than just battery/electric motor assisted bicycles finding the courts on their side to challenge local rules for bike trails and multi-purpose trails. Once the rational is made for combustion engine assisted bikes on trails, then why not any motorcycle as long as they stay below the speed limit?

Last edited by Iride01; 04-07-19 at 07:16 AM.