Thread: Addiction LXXIV
View Single Post
Old 04-29-19, 05:13 PM
rpenmanparker 

Bikes: 1990 Romic Reynolds 531 custom build, Merlin Works CR Ti custom build, super light Workswell 066 custom build

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6556 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz
Thanks. The route and destination aren't that scenic, but it's some place to go for the weekend, and I picked up some nice New Jersey asparagus at a farm stand on the way back. The other place I wanted to go was booked solid.

As for cooking, I cook at home a lot and love to try to come up with tasty meals on the road. That particular one included foil-packaged chicken. I actually got turned on to foil-packed meat and fish by a post Machka made a few years ago in a thread about cooking on tour. I don't often shop in "regular"/large chain grocery stores much, so that sort of product never on my radar screen until she mentioned it. Makes total sense if you have to carry food a long way like I did.
How do you keep chicken from spoiling?

We we have a dish that would be perfect for wrapping in foil and cooking at a campsite. Chicken Colorado. Chicken pieces onion slices, red and green bell pepper slices and barbecue sauce. We brown the chicken before it goes into the oven with the other ingredients. But you wouldn’t have to. Quite tasty. A little gassy, but I’m sure the bears can take a joke.

Originally Posted by LAJ
No matter where I go, here I am...

Last edited by rpenmanparker; 04-29-19 at 05:51 PM.