Thread: Addiction LXXIV
View Single Post
Old 05-02-19, 05:28 AM
rpenmanparker 

Bikes: 1990 Romic Reynolds 531 custom build, Merlin Works CR Ti custom build, super light Workswell 066 custom build

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6556 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by BillyD
Funny . . . but incorrect. Life now consists of six Saturdays and one Sunday.

After working for 40 or more years on some mandatory time schedule, the best part of retirement is getting up when you feel like it.

The next best part of retirement is sitting down with a cup of coffee to read the paper for as long as you want.

The next best part of retirement is deciding what to do for the day, and if it's too hot or too cold, raining or snowing, saying **** it . . . I'll do it tomorrow.

The next best part of retirement is shaving when you feel like it.
Funny, but we disagree on almost every one of those points. But, hey, that is in fact the best part of retirement. It just doesn’t matter!

I pop out of bed every singe day according to my internal alarm clock at 5:00 AM. There is no fix for it no matter what I try. I just read the editorial page of the NYT. The rest I don’t much care about. I like being clean shaven. Hate facial hair. But I do slough off exercise if the weather is bad. That we can agree on. But try my suggestion. Lunch out is a treat not to be missed. Though I must say it was responsible for some weight gain for both Mrs rpen and me. We are getting a handle on that now.

Originally Posted by LAJ
No matter where I go, here I am...

Last edited by rpenmanparker; 05-02-19 at 05:45 AM.