View Single Post
Old 05-19-19, 10:11 PM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by Paul Barnard
Standing in my front yard this morning I saw an uncomfortably close call...Had the truck been two seconds earlier there is no doubt in my mind this would have been a crash. The cyclist doesn't wear a helmet…
Originally Posted by BobbyG
…And thank goodness it didn't end worse or that you had to witness anything like that.
Originally Posted by goldensprocket
Did he at least wave to you?
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
In the past I have offered IMO several useful suggestions about cycling, particularly for winter and urban cycling, to multiple repetitive threads. They are usually lost in the morass of often scores of replies, both in agreement and dispute with mine.
and not just in knowledgeable discussion, but even in non sequiturs such as
Did he at least wave to you?
Look, the fact that you can't communicate on the forums like a normal person is no excuse for you not understanding a long-standing BF joke. Please pay attention in the future.

I now return you to your obsessive underlining, quoting, re-quoting, re-re-quoting and posting as if those compulsive exercises lend any credence to the pap that emanates from your keyboard.
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
…If I LIKE a post because it is witty, I assume the writer knows I got the joke. e.g.
Originally Posted by indyfabz
+1. I didn't see anyone during this 25 mile MUP ride that started pre-dawn. I did, however, see a giant porcupine. He wasn't on a leash and didn't wave.
Now that’s funny .
Originally Posted by Stun
My experience is that people drive differently in every city and treat cyclists very differently. The best advice often comes from cyclists that live the closest to you

The exception here would also be Jim from Boston--anyone that can successfully commute around Boston has my full respect and probably knows how to deal with about every intersection imaginable!
Originally Posted by chefisaac
LISTEN to @Jim from Boston

he knows his $hit!

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 05-20-19 at 03:43 AM.