Old 05-24-19, 11:17 PM
Doge

Bikes: 1979 Raleigh Team 753

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3375 Post(s)
Liked 371 Times in 253 Posts
Originally Posted by Abe_Froman
You do realize you're advocating eliminating womens pro cycling though, yes?
Maybe. So what? But not directly. Let folks watch what they want to watch and if you are not interesting enough to be watched, then you kinda are not really a pro, no matter how good you are.

I remember doing some of the Mexican "fondos" where there were 5,000 or 10,000 starters. Everyone knew who the first woman was. She got a prize.

If people want to watch women's pro, then good. If they don't want to watch, which seems to be the case currently then if you really love it find those to support it.
This is a pro forum for the fans and should be based on the professional entertainment value. If people don't want to watch a class, then no reason for that "pro" class to exist.

For me, the most exciting cycling is Euro juniors. Way more exciting than pros. They will ride over cars to win, it is all full gas. Thousands show up to watch the kids. Tens of thousands show up to watch the men, while women are much more calculating and more boring IMO, few watch. I'd bet I follow the women more than 99% of the posters here. I like women's racing, but it is not "pro" (this forum) and never has been.

Women's cycling typically does not draw any spectators. I understand why. They go much slower than their ability and and are very risk adverse. Which is why a 14 year old girl can win the SoCal pro championship. A 14 year old boy could not. If women want to be watched and pro - give us some entertainment. So far, I have seen little that I would spend money to see. And...nor has anyone else. That is the essence of being a pro.

Last edited by Doge; 05-24-19 at 11:24 PM.