View Single Post
Old 06-07-19, 09:08 AM
Kilroy1988 

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 981 Post(s)
Liked 1,844 Times in 609 Posts
Looks amazing! I'm slightly envious, as my 23.5" frame is a bit smaller than ideal for me and my bike was in no where near as nice condition - and it came without the fenders. I bought it on Ebay for a bit too much money, as it was advertised as including some components it didn't end up having and the indoor photos did not properly depict the poor condition of the chrome and paint work. It came with Valentino Extra derailleurs and shifters, as well as a 3T Touriste stem and handlebars, which all apparently date a bit later than my serial # suggests. It also has Simplex hubs with Rigida rims and wingnuts rather than quick-releases. Below is a thread I started about mine a while back...

A Frejus Tour de France c. 1964

My serial number is 100622, which I also reckoned dated my frame to about 1964 based on research.

I rode mine 85 miles last Sunday and had a blast. They ride beautifully - just stiff enough to have some bite during a sprint but lively and comfortable for long distances. I've probably put three or four hundred miles on it in total since I got it back on the road last spring, and would probably spring on a full restoration if it weren't for being a bit small.

-Gregory

Last edited by Kilroy1988; 06-07-19 at 09:48 AM.