View Single Post
Old 06-09-19, 12:53 PM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18883 Post(s)
Liked 10,646 Times in 6,054 Posts
Originally Posted by carlos danger
About 3 frames/forks that i have bought in tha last 10 years have had the option of somehow going trough axle. and not a single time have i gone that route.
i even got a carbon fork for my pro cross and i just looked at and said not gonna happen! got a surly disctrucker instead.

For a road bike i simply don't see the need for TA at all. but the industry "need to reinvent themselves" so i fully understand that they are pushing this crapola on customers.
since it makes the older stuff "obsolete" faster.

For dh/freeride/enduro mtb i get it. the qr wont hold the wheels in there. simple as that. but for road bikes, this is not the case. you dont do 30ft drops. 360 backflips.

I have never had any problems with my shimano qr's so i'm very reluctant to even change anything, since for me there is no reason for it.

My last lysnkey came mounted from the factory with some TA dropout (had to get a new one) and i researched this. and nowhwere could i find what thead and axle diameter it was!! how the f is that even possible. and then looking at crc there was no axles available at all. except some 80-100€ axles and you gotta be f-ing pooping me, I'm not paying 100€ for threaded alu tube!! I can just as well make it myself out of hardox500 or 4340 or 6al4v in 10 minutes for that money.

I'm not saying TA is S though. but for me at least i fail to see how it would in any way make my bikes better. or safer. nall my bikes are road going though. even my "mtbs".
I'm with you. Wood is good.