Old 06-23-19, 08:52 AM
wphamilton

Bikes: Nashbar Road

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2934 Post(s)
Liked 341 Times in 228 Posts
Originally Posted by Abe_Froman
I dont think its necessarily bad. But you could go a lifetime without having a situation that calls for it come up.

Somebody that is fast likely has a reason for a goofy position. Somebody that is slow/on a rusty bike/squeaky chain/saddle 2 feet too low doesnt care.

Theres really juat 2 situations that i always want to intervene. Goofballs riding on buay streets with no hands while playing on their phone. I just want to slap them. And people riding 25mm tires with what clearly from a distance looks to be like 8 psi.
OK yes, when someone told me that something was loose on my rack, or something falling out of a pocket, I appreciate that. I warned someone that he had a stick in his DR; even that wasn't appreciated, but you've got to try.

I'd probably ask the rider if he needed a patch, rather than "hey your tire is flat". They probably know, but the last time I did that he just wanted to "try some air" - and I did give him the advice that there is a hole in his tube and it will go flat again quickly, but even that was disregarded.