Old 06-28-19, 01:48 PM
Kedosto
Callipygian Connoisseur

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked 350 Times in 190 Posts
Originally Posted by one4smoke
If that had been me, I would NEVER have lived it down.

Didn't they make an insurance commercial about you?
Wife was in the car with me. We'd just finished a great ride and were engrossed in conversation, reliving our triumphs and stumbles from the mornings ride. When I attempted to whip into the garage there was a horrible crunching noise as the car came to an instant stop. The headliner punched down between us, and the metal garage door buckled loudly. We were both thrown violently into our seatbelts. I should never have been going that fast. My stomach dropped and a cold chill swept over me as we looked at each other in the moment.

The car, a Subi Outback, was wedged under the two steel framed MTB's. I couldn't pull the bikes out they were wedged in so tight. I had to really give it the gas to back out, and doing so pulled the garage door off the track and the garage door head unit fell from the ceiling and hit the floor. The track was bent anyway, so it was a goner. The wooden framing around the door was splintered with shards strewn around a blast radius of about 15 feet. It was truly a disaster of epic proportions.

We made an insurance claim for the car only and paid out of pocket for everything else. I've never used a roof mounted bike rack again.

-Kedosto
Likes For Kedosto: