View Single Post
Old 06-28-19, 04:44 PM
HPL
Barred @ Velocipedesalon

Bikes: Why list them on a non-cycling website!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 55 Posts
Originally Posted by T-Mar
Assuming it is Columbus tubing, a 26.8mm seat post would be indicative of Aelle, which had a 27.0mm nominal, inner diameter, seat tube. If the inner diameter of the seat tube is 26.8mm, then it would use a 26.6mm seat post, which would be indicative of Columbus Zeta. Another check would be to examine the fork's steering tube. Neither Aelle nor Zeta employed the patented Columbus steering tube and therefore would not have the Columbus dove logo stamped on the outside or the five helical ridges on the inside, at the bottom.
Originally Posted by Drillium Dude
Is it just me or does the driveside rear dropout look like it's been spread open a tad? Might want to give that a closer look.
DD
I think the 26.8 post size is correct; it came with a post and I'd have remembered a 26.6 post as odd. I know there were no markings and/or ridges on the steerer.
T-mar, quick question; I have an Olmo (late 70's-early 80's)with a 26.8 post, but a lighter frame. Is there another Columbus tubing that would require that size seat post, or might it be improper finishing/reaming?

DD, it does look a wee bit spread from that photo. Making a note for when I pick it up.

Next mystery frame is hanging in the garage waiting for identification; it might be the toughest one yet!