View Single Post
Old 07-10-19, 03:58 PM
restlessswind

Bikes: 2017 Surly Cross-Check. 2020 Specialized Turbo Vado 3.0, 2002 GT Dyno Roadster, 2002 Rans Stratus, 2020 Giant Fathom 2, 2011 Trek Pure Sport

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 62 Posts
Originally Posted by Rick
Throttle only no pedal assist. What motor winding did you get.

The place you ordered your kit from used the cheapest version of that Bafang motor. The only way to keep up with the motor would have been to use an advanced pedal assist. in other words a bb torque sensor. You would also of needed a controller designed to handle a torque sensor. This would have worked
This also would have worked.

Both of these Bafang motors are of much higher quality than what you purchased. You will notice the power cable comes out to the side instead of straight out the axle. They both use a standard round axle and and are disk compatible. Grinn and another company have worked with Bafang for several years on these improvements. I am considering the 20" version of the front hub motor for my touring bicycle.

What bb motor did you put on your bicycle.
It was thumb throttle and single magnet cadence sensor. advertised at 25 mph, but never got over 23. I'm unsure of the tech specs of the motor (ie. windings)
I ordered a bike, not a kit.

The new bike came with a Bosch Active Line motor. ( I did not build it.)