Old 07-15-19, 11:39 AM
MattTheHat 

Bikes: 2021 S-Works Turbo Creo SL, 2020 Specialized Roubaix Expert

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)
Liked 4,067 Times in 1,436 Posts
Originally Posted by MyTi
Not all of them crash. Their sponsors don't make titanium frames lol. It's all Chinese carbon thanks to cheap manufacturing and ultra cheap china labor.

I really don't have anything against Carbon. It's just a simple fact that it is not as durable as Ti or steel when it comes to bumps and bruises and that's something a consumer should consider if they plan on keeping the bike for a while. Because unlike pros, we can't just do a quick bike swap lol when our carbon frame snaps in half.
I was just funning you a bit. But I did find your OP interesting because I read about how superior titanium frames are all the time. I don't believe it, but I do read these claims quite often. And honestly, I'm keeping an open mind on the subject. One reason I doubt the claims is that you'll often see a titanium bicycle paired with a crabon fork. If titanium is so darned superior, why wouldn't these bikes also have a titanium fork?

I hear about how comfortable titanium bikes are. I'd love to believe that because my old body has lots of aches and pains. If I really thought a titanium bike would allow me to ride further or even the same distance with less pain, I think I'd be all over it.

I also like the idea that if I get a scratch on the frame, I stand some chance of cleaning it up so that it looks decent again. That's not happening on my crabon frames. My Diverge has quite a few battle scars.

My take away from this thread is that titanium is not magical. Or if it is, in this case it's less magical than a crabon frame with disc brakes. At least for one titanium proponent.

-Matt