Old 07-26-19, 04:21 AM
jpescatore

Bikes: Trek Domane SL6 Disc, Jamis Renegade

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 366 Post(s)
Liked 305 Times in 217 Posts
Wahoo Tickr Fit Arm Band HRM Review

I like having heart rate data on rides but have never liked the mansierre feeling of wearing a chest strap sensor and the straps get so sweaty they didn't last all that long.

For Father's Day, my wife and daughter got me the new Wahoo Tickr Fit arm band sensor - mainly because I sent them email that it was on sale for Father's Day... I've done a dozen rides or so wearing it, over 500 miles, and really like it. So far, the strap seems as durable as Wahoo's chest straps (which for me were a big improvement over Polar's), accuracy seems equivalent to the chest strap and it is much more comfortable. I've been wearing it on my bicep, supposedly more accurate on your upper forearm but for some reason I find it more comfortable on my bicep.

The only negatives are that it is more expensive (the 20% sale closed the gap a bit) and you have to remember to turn it on at the start of a ride It uses a rechargeable battery vs. a replaceable one - to me that is a plus but may mean the sensor may not last as long.
Likes For jpescatore: