Old 08-26-19, 09:00 AM
Iwf

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Upgrade or Stick

Newbie here, so please be gentle.

I’ve a 8 year condor Fratello not ridden in a while, and in climbing back on board am wondering about a few upgrades. I’ve changed out the rim brakes on the front for anew fork and disk, but am wondering about groupset upgrade. My current group set is based on Veloce, but with a few differences. Up front I have a 3x chain set with a chorus crank, the front derailleur seems to be a record, the rear , says comp 3 cog and there’s a 10 cog cassette. The only elements that actually have Voloce written on them are the levers. The groupset was installed from new by the Condor team, and it’s been pretty much faultless in operation.

so I’m thinking of upgrading to a full chorus 11 cog setup , ignoring the brakes which are fine.

i mostly use my bike for commuting , but want to get back to longer weekend rides. I rarely use the ‘grannie’ cog, but it’s useful on the hills. I’m by no means fit, but need to get there. I’m not actually looking to lighten the bike, the heavier it is the more I have to work, and thus the weight I’ll shift.

So upgrade or stick, and if the answers upgrade, what sizing of Chorus bits should be looking at.

thanks in advance for any advice offered.