Old 11-13-19, 11:45 PM
alloo

Bikes: 2022 Priority Coast, 2022 Priority Current

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked 137 Times in 99 Posts
Yes, my ebike is my goto commuter. I commute 12 miles each way. I started out on a regular bike, but I wanted to have more consistent times going both ways. My ebike is my tool to get to work non sweaty, but still getting a work out. I've lost 25 lbs on the way and my doctor has reduced my insulin levels by over 50%. Hopefully, this riding season, I''ll lose some more weight where I won't need medication. I'm not training for anything, just destressing to work and on the way home. My goal was to beat public transportation times. I use about level 2 /3 out of 4/5 assist levels. I try to keep my speed around 15 MPH. If I need to get home quicker or if I'm tired I increase the level by one. I've only used the highest level of assist to check it out. I have a class 1/2 bike that limits me to 20 MPH. I see more regular bicyclist speeding on the bike route. I've paid about $1500 for each bike. People ask me why I don't get a Trek or Electra ebike, it has better components. Well my answer is I didn't feel that those bikes add that much more value than my present bike. I might get one in the future, but I'm satisfied with my current bike, I'm not sure if ebikes require better components as far as the transmission is concerned, brake maybe. I love enjoying nature and having my physical capability augmented when I need to. I'm no spring chicken, but just trying to survive in this world. I feel like my ebike is a lifestyle thing as opposed to a fitness thing, but I'll take the fitness thing no matter what. I'm not training for a 100 mile ride, or a triathalon, I just want to get to work.

My first ebike commuter.

My current commuter.

Last edited by alloo; 04-04-20 at 10:27 PM.