Old 12-03-19, 09:38 PM
rhm
multimodal commuter

Bikes: 1940s Fothergill, 1959 Allegro Special, 1963? Claud Butler Olympic Sprint, Lambert 'Clubman', 1974 Fuji "the Ace", 1976 Holdsworth 650b conversion rando bike, 1983 Trek 720 tourer, 1984 Counterpoint Opus II, 1993 Basso Gap, 2010 Downtube 8h, and...

Mentioned: 584 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1908 Post(s)
Liked 574 Times in 339 Posts
Originally Posted by Leisesturm
This thread makes me very sad. I didn't know it was a dead thread until almost to the end. OMG we are truly toast. This thread could have been started today and nothing would be different. Why are Americans so DUMB? I can say that, I am American. "If I need to go further than ____ I'll just drive my car!" Right. Until you can't anymore. That won't be long now. Americans don't realize just how much our vocal disinterest in the disintegration of the environment is p*ss*ng off the rest of the world. Most don't much care what anyone outside our borders thinks. I pray that we never have to. This much is clear: e-bikes are neither here nor there as far as Earth's future. Ride one if you want, don't ride one if you don't want. However, your mid-90's and onward gasoline powered single driver commuter automobile is not something any rational person can defend any longer. If all that happened was that everyone of the Billions of cars, trucks, motorcycles, diesel locomotives and container ships were migrated to electric propulsion, humanity could probably survive. If that does not happen, we do not. It's really that simple. And it's not future generations survival we are talking about. We have already begun to die from the failure to embrace an all-electric transportation paradigm. It will only get worse.
Yup.

​​​​​​If an ebike replaces a car, that's good. If an ebike replaces a real bike, that's not good.
This is a bicycle forum. We're here because we ride bikes. Not because we drive cars.
This thread would make a whole lot more sense in a car forum.