Bah Humbug
serious cyclist

Bikes: S1, R2, P2

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9334 Post(s)
Liked 3,679 Times in 2,026 Posts
Originally Posted by WalksOn2Wheels
On the subject of Manhattan, I've actually been there quite a few times over the past year and a half or so for work related stuff. I really enjoy when I do go there, but can't imagine actually living there. To enjoy the same comforts there that I do in North Texas where living is pretty darn cheap (We bought our 4 bedroom house 4 years ago for 155K), I would have to make something like 4 times what I make now. And as much as I enjoy (as in actually enjoy, not being sarcastic) the subway, I do enjoy driving a car on open roads.

The wife and I will take a long weekend there sometime in the near future. I've got quite a few favorite places I want to take her to and she's never been there.
I have to ask, what do you enjoy about the subway? I haven't ridden it in Manhattan, but I rode it a bunch in HK and Rome, and both were miserable. HK's particularly is supposed to be better than the one in Manhattan, so I'm wondering what's nice about it. Do you just mean that it's easier in the city than dealing with a car and parking?