MoAlpha
• —

Bikes: Shmikes

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10210 Post(s)
Liked 5,913 Times in 3,188 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
By name? No, just that he believed that it was happening somewhere in the upper back, which, as previously mentioned, has some angry knotted muscle. He talked about symptoms and said that situational numbness, in and of itself, isn't terribly concerning. though it's something that shouldn't be ignored. He said that any progression to pain and, worse, loss of strength, would be more serious. He listed a couple of things that could cause it, but my impression was that it stemmed from the tension, one way or another, and that having physical therapy address it, through whatever combination of stretching, massage, exercise, etc, was the best bet. If that doesn't work, he said that an MRI may be in order.

The oral steroid is for inflammation and I get the impression that it's perhaps temporary relief until the therapy sessions kick in.
That’s better. He is right that it’s not likely to be serious and without significant pain, weakness, or muscle changes, no one is going to do much about it.

I’ll just make the general observations that a. the nerves in the arm come out of the spine in the neck and go right under the collarbone, over the armpit, and into the arm, so only a bad neck would be a factor and b. without pain, tingling is more likely related to a problem somewhere in the arm, itself. These things are often diagnosable with reasonable accuracy, based on the location of the symptoms.