View Single Post
Old 02-21-20, 09:46 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18519 Post(s)
Liked 15,849 Times in 7,443 Posts
Originally Posted by abshipp
I still feel bad about a rude pass I made on a road cyclist one day.

I think I even had my MTB in the back of my truck.
Probably my strongest moment of restraint occurred on the penultimate day of a week-long tour across PA. Long day. I was maybe 4 miles from my state park campground when I got buzzed extremely closely by an older model, yellow Volvo wagon with NJ plates, in violation of PA's 4' passing law. Don't know how they managed not to hit me. After it passed, I saw a bunch of stuff in the back covered by a red and black plaid blanket. I was livid and even tried to sprint after it. Make it to the campground, do whatever I did and then started walking to the bath house. Low and behold, about four sites from mine, I see an older model, yellow, Volvo wagon with NJ plates and a red and black plaid blanket in the back. It was like the scene in "Pulp Fiction" where Marcellus Wallace sees Butch stopped at a red light. I stopped and stared at the couple for a minute, but they were totally clueless as to who I was. A large part of me wanted to call the park police or at least confront them, but I was spent and I figured it might cause more trouble than it was worth. I still had to get clean and cook dinner. I don't think I had even set up my tent yet.
Likes For indyfabz: