View Single Post
Old 03-18-20, 04:22 PM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
Originally Posted by big john
I was referring to the Posse. I've only ridden with them around 10 times but they always seem to be having a fun time, even with the regroups. Their rides are pretty short so I wouldn't do them all the time.
Maybe it's refreshing to me after riding with the SFVBC for 31 years and with my declining fitness and the influx of hammerheads making it harder to enjoy the rides.

I didn't want to be too specific in my question because I wasn't sure how you felt about it
My favorite thing is to start early and ride efficiently, stop for only a few minutes and only a few times on a long ride. My ideal is maybe something like 15 min of stopped time on a 3-4 hr ride. I'm just so time constrained all the time. Most group rides start an hour or two later than I would start left to my own devices, and then the Posse might have an hour or more of stopped time on a long ride. When I compare starting 6am and being done at 9:30am to starting at 8am and being done at 12:30pm, I lose a lot of my enthusiasm for the group ride.

So there's lots of fun rides with great people out there that I just don't do. Same with Girlz Gone Riding, the women's mtb group. Usually an hours drive to get to the ride, a late start time, slow pace, long regroups, and an hour to get home. So maybe 4 hr investment for a 10 mile mtb ride. I really want to ride with them. But when ride day comes I find I just don'y want to put that much dead time into it.