Old 03-30-20, 08:15 AM
berner

Bikes: Specialized Secteur, old Peugeot

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 663 Post(s)
Liked 496 Times in 299 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
Just learned back home there have been two different domestic murders this past week. One was a murder suicide, and one was just a murder. Both cases husband offed the wife.
Any chance this is a direct result of the quarantine?
Anybody looking at divorce rates right now?
This is an interesting and tragic situation. Back during the financial meltdown, I read of a British high roller who suffered devastating financial losses. His response was to murder his family and take his own life. A bit closer to home, at the boat yard where I worked, we built a 65 ft. motor yacht for a Florida family, one with a very nice home on a canal in Ft. Lauderdale. In response to financial setbacks, the husband took his own life leaving the wife and three kids to face the future on their own.

Psychologists have found that high levels of stress cause weird and or destructive behavior where animals abuse and even kill their children. This includes human animals as is easy to see in the news. It is also interesting that caregivers tending to an ill family member suffer elevated levels of stress where their own health may suffer.

Last edited by Trsnrtr; 03-30-20 at 09:03 AM.