Old 04-12-20, 01:59 PM
Kabuki12

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 874 Post(s)
Liked 2,288 Times in 1,278 Posts
Went for a cloudy , cool ride here in Southern California. It is strange , at the harbor the parking lots are closed off. The County had trucks at a couple of the entrances policing the ban on no beach activities. I only saw a couple of women jogging along the shore that were violating the well marked signs. I think they would probably be at least questioned for ignoring the signs. I stayed on the bike lane next to the road and did not do my usual water break on the break water. I saw a couple of other cyclists out and they were very good with distancing, actually giving at least a 10 meter distance. I ended at my shop where my wife was waiting just before it started drizzling. A great ride , however , not my normal 30 miles I like. I will be satisfied with the 20 or so miles given the situation. Ride on folks, but , above all be safe. Carefree riding WILL return, now is not the time to take any chances. I will say it again “ multi use paths do not allow for safe distancing given the speed we are traveling”. Stay in areas that allow at least a 10 meter distance between yourself and other cyclists or pedestrians. I know someone who is a lot younger than me recovering from this virus and he said what several others have said ,” you do not want to get this”. Joe