Thread: Cycling vanity
View Single Post
Old 04-16-20, 10:32 PM
zjrog

Bikes: 1986 KHS Fiero, 1989 Trek 950, 1990 Trek 7000, 1991 Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo, 1992 Trek 1400, 1997 Cannondale CAD2 R300, 1998 Cannondale CAD2 R200, 2002 Marin San Rafael, 2006 Cannondale CAAD8 R1000, 2010 Performance Access XCL9R

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked 385 Times in 207 Posts
Originally Posted by tagaproject6
I am fat and look like a caramel apple on a stick when on a bike. My kit makes me look like a sausage with crimps on the wrong areas. Vanity laughs at me
Originally Posted by tagaproject6
Also the reason for lard surrounding my personage
Originally Posted by SayWatt
haha, as a hybrid rider that has passed my share of road bikes I’ve meet this guy frequently.

mime is I’m not 100% in good shape yet and huff and puff some on the bike. I make an effort to breath quietly when Im coming up on someone.
I admit to no particular vanity. Nor modesty for that matter. So, if the common roadie has issue with my appearance, that's their problem. Having lost 140 or so pounds, I'm still a Clyde at 240... But, I enjoy having a nice clean bike at the beginning of a ride.

A long time ago, I rode so I could justify massive snacking. However, massive snacking continued when I quit riding. So I understand the caramel apple on a stick reference.

Passing people on odd bikes was a fun thing when I was younger. Passing weight weenie roadies on a knobby tired MTB was fun. Especially grabbing the next gear as I passed them, and stayed seated as they gave chase. Ohhhhh, to be that strong again...

Rules are made to be broken. If my legs are shaved, it is for surgery. Not vanity. Tan lines are for those too chicken for au natural sun bathing (or tanning booth)...