Old 05-03-20, 09:10 PM
Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3889 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
For me, the suckiest part of getting old has been friends and friends of friends dying. Of "old age" but younger than I. If things keep going on like this, it'll just get lonelier and lonelier. I think this is pretty well known, but it's good form not to talk about it.

Yes, US life expectancy has been declining, while that in the rest of the developed world has been increasing. The reasons are the very poor health care that anyone below the rank of highly-skilled worker gets, and the drug addiction problems which are the result of all those people who see that for the first time in American history, their lives will not be as good as those of their parents. The cause is the increased wealth disparity in the US.

Edit: I just realized that I made a terrible mistake in the above: I should not have said "highly--skilled", but rather "highly-educated". The 98% of American farm workers who are Latinx are highly-skilled and don't get minimum wage. I couldn't begin to keep up with these folks on my best day.

Last edited by Carbonfiberboy; 05-03-20 at 09:28 PM.
Likes For Carbonfiberboy: