Old 05-05-20, 08:35 AM
TakingMyTime

Bikes: Canyon Endurace

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1041 Post(s)
Liked 923 Times in 540 Posts
Originally Posted by Wildwood
Many have been 'lifestyle' issues - inactivity, over-worked(?), diet, reliance upon treating symptoms rather than working for cures.
Although genetics has a lot to do with it, many "lifestyle" issues are just throwing gasoline on the fire.

Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
Yes, US life expectancy has been declining, while that in the rest of the developed world has been increasing. The reasons are the very poor health care that anyone below the rank of highly-skilled worker gets,
My problem with "life expectancy" reports and models is that most of them are generalized and include things like suicide and automobile accidents. Although I can't ensure that I'll never be killed in an automobile accident I'd like to know what the expectancy would be without these included. You have to remember that the life expectancy models include smokers, drinkers, the obese etc. I personally think that for relatively healthy seniors like us who exercise and get proper medical attention when required... we have a lot longer life to look forward to than we're being told.

But I guess in response to the OP, it's hard to accept the aging process and what it brings with it. There's no getting around that many we know are going to leave before we do, but many will leave after.