Old 05-22-20, 04:18 PM
carferna

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Help me make my decision with Trek Domane

I used to be a occasional rider but, lately have taken up to cycling. I purchased an ebike last year that I ride for fun. I bought the ebike on a whim without having ridden one before. When I got it, it wasn't as fun as I thought. Bike is too heavy to ride in manual mode(about 60 lbs). Long story short...I am in the market this year for a new bike that is comfortable and light. I do like road bikes but don't like the aggressive riding stance of the typical road bike. I think I have narrowed the bike that I want and I steering more towards Trek because I get additional financial incentives. I found the Trek Domane to be in the category of what I am looking for especially because of it's non aggressive riding geometry. First question, do i buy a size lower than recommended so I can keep myself more upright when riding? I am 5'11" that is a size 56 but I feel I will be more comfortable with a size 54. The Aluminum Domane AL2 seems also as light as the carbon domane SL4 or SL5. I know the AL2 has a lower grade shimano gear system compared to the SL. I really don't change my gears as frequently as the Pro's would so I don't care too much about the shifting. But once it is seating on a gear I want it being very smooth. Additionally, the SL has the ISO speed which the AL2 does not have. I need you folks to tell me how much difference does the ISO speed really make? Does it make a significance difference if you are riding on the side walk and you hit those concrete joints. I casually ride so speed to me is not a priority. Eventually, would like to do group rides, so am needing a descent bike. Right now, I am leaning more on SL4 or SL5 but haven't really got an opportunity to ride any bike because stores are no longer doing test rides in this Covid climate. For the folks out there, that have ridden these bikes, tell me your experience. If you are the Plano, TX area and would like to swap with my ebike for a day or two let me know.