rjones28 
Mostly Harmless

Bikes: Have two wheels

Mentioned: 169 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13743 Post(s)
Liked 4,547 Times in 2,520 Posts
Originally Posted by LAJ
I did that a year or so ago, but I was lucky I was in town. I honestly don't know how it happened, but it separated, and I lost one side. My multi-tool has a chain breaker on it, so I was able to get it back together, but I was a mess. Luckily, I was near a shop that's well known on the web as a Sprinter Guru. I know my way around a shop, so I had no issue clicking on in there in my spandex, and asking if I could use their shop sink to degrease. Of course, I show him my hands, and he directs me to the employee bathroom. Holy crap... Before going in, I was looking for the medical station so I could get my immunization shot. The shop itself was bad, and the bathroom was worse. I'm thinking wtf did I get myself into? I have to come out with clean hands, because I sure don't want to insult the fellows that were kind enough to infect let me use their place. I was able to spy some soap, and was able to turn on the cold water, and knock most of the T-9 off my paws. I thanked the gentlemen profusely, they asked how far I had to go, I said only 25-30 more miles, "we don't even drive that far here" (har har har), finished up, and took a long shower.
Not all mechanics believe in cleanliness.