Old 07-31-20, 02:13 PM
orangeology

Bikes: i don't have a bike. a few frames, forks and some parts. that's all

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 52 Times in 33 Posts
WTB: some Unoptanium Low-Stack-Height Headsets

searched all over for quite a while, finally decided to search 'within'.
looking for a functioning, aka fair-to-good condition vintage threaded headsets with low stack-height <33mm ish. one headset or source-able partial.
(i've returned a Tange Passage, didn't like the overall finishing quality, wasn't like the earlier ones)

the list of the ones i'm looking for is here. no specific order. BSA or ITA* threaded + 26.4 crown race, pls.

Dura Ace HP 7500 or 7600: literally an unobtanium but shooting anyway. both models were for Track/Pista hence some of them are with NJS stamps. 7500 has a couple mm lower SH.
Campagnolo Pista* or Gran Sports: pretty much same looking, in terms of shape. both have non-scripted round cups. (vs most of Campy HS w 'Brev Campagnolo Italy' script on the outside curve on the cups).
(1. we do see these on the 'bay but mostly located in Eastern Euro. don't want to wait another 2 months. *2. i realize Tange Passage is a poor copy of Campy Pista)
Shimano 600 (Ultegra 6400): only the one for 600 Tricolor group, also with rounded cups, Not the EX or Arabesque or Arrow. last choice, as not a fan of anodized mat finish.

i understand that any of 'em are hard to come by, would be generous to the aesthetic condition as long as with no grinding/pitts where matters.
willing to mix-match if partially—upper only or lower only—available. holler, pls.

(all images from Velobase)
DA 7500

DA 7600 (one has whopping 31mm SH!)

Campy Pista

Campy GS

Shimano 600 (HP6400)

Last edited by orangeology; 07-31-20 at 08:07 PM.