Old 08-08-20, 11:17 AM
lwylie

Bikes: 2007 Bike Friday NWT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
linberl, thank you for starting this thread, asking the questions you did, and sharing your feedback on your Pakit. And thanks to everyone else on the thread who offered advice and anecdotes. I too am considering a Pakit and found this thread's content very helpful.

linberl, I wanted to reach out to you for more info on a couple things but as a new forum member w/ <10 posts I'm not able to PM you (originally found this thread via Google). If you're open to sharing more info perhaps you could PM me from your end.

For one thing, this thread opened my eyes to the possibility of putting a cover over the chain drive train to minimize dirt/grease when packing, taking the bike inside, etc. I didn't know such covers existed! Linberl mentioned a Camelbak.... is that a hydration pack cover repurposed to put over the bike? Couldn't find a bike-specific cover by that brand name using Google. If it's not too much of a PITA to keep a cover handy (like in a seatpost bag) and use when needed, that could reduce a main disadvantage of a chain vs belt.

I realize this is an old thread, hope it's not too late to extend a bit more :-) BTW I live in Portland, OR and my only bike (for now) is a Bike Friday NWT, which I love. I plan to retire soon and want a lighter weight bike with a quicker fold for urban adventures.