Old 08-13-20, 03:14 PM
polyphrast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Elvo
Looking at the Lumintop B01 for $50 from Amazon for a ~500 lumen cut off wide beam for urban riding. Any other options in this price range?
I'd say no, there are here and there some other chinese cut-off lights appearing under different brand names at aliexpress, banggood or amazon, but pricewise and (beamquality wise) similar to the B01. No light with a certification in that output and price range vailable. Maybe some of the lower powered raveman lights, but i'd say the lumintop has a much more clear cut-off.

Originally Posted by Miele Man
I wonder how the Lezyne 500 or 550 lights with SvTZO beams will compare to this 1000 light? I might just buy one to see.
Cheers
Depending on how you adjust the 1000 light, HB500 (or the Power Pro 115) in dipped mode will give the same amout of light on the road (minus all the light above the cutoff) with a bit narrower beam. In high beam, probably same brightness, but overall narrower beam pattern than the 1000 light. (I do have a Power Pro 80 with 280 lm and i had a 1000 lm "flashlight style" light). Just less illuminated tree tops