View Single Post
Old 09-01-20, 10:52 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by genec
I have... in a number of places.

I used to commute on Interstate 5 between two otherwise poorly connected areas. There were even signs that permitted this for cyclists. The area has been changed now, and there is actually a bike path where previously one rode on the wide shoulder of the interstate.

I also did a long tour back in the '80s, and in some places, again, the Interstate was the only connecting road. Out west of the Pecos river (or Rio Grande, or thereabouts) there are long stretches where the only road may be the Interstate.
I acknowledged there are a few states where this is legal. Post 45. Point I was making was that the VAST majority of cyclists do all of their riding on roads that have absolutely nothing to do with the National Interstate and Defense Highways Act. And yes, that's a rather obvious point, but a certain poster seems intent on bringing up that act for some reason. Maybe it's because Eisenhower is the last president he remembers?

Last edited by livedarklions; 09-01-20 at 10:59 AM.