View Single Post
Old 09-02-20, 09:50 PM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7653 Post(s)
Liked 3,482 Times in 1,838 Posts
So ... riders crashed with both rim and disc brakes ... this proves discs are bad. BF Logic.

Discs are supposed to be easier to modulate. Therefore, if a rider crashes with discs .... what everyone who has ever ridden discs knows to be true, suddenly becomes untrue. Because of course no one racing hard in the wet in the TdF would ever push just a tad too hard ..... BF Logic.

If a bike is involved in a wreck and damaged, that is normal, unless the bike has disc brakes. If the bike had discs, the discs caused the damage, not the crash. BF Logic.

I am interested in seeing what gear different riders and teams use, but I could not care less if they choose one brand or one system over another. It was interesting to see that four of six (I think) of the bikes in the breakaway in Stage Four (a climbing stage with a summit finish) had disc brakes. I do not recall what kind of brakes the top three finishers had. I don't watch bike racing to have my prejudices supported, or to be offended by bicycles, ... and I have no personal favorite in braking systems, having used pretty much every variety but drum brakes. But obviously, a lot of people here need to have their preferences validated by the pro peleton. BF Logic.

I am not interested in all the Sturm und Drang over brakes ... but I will say, posters here are embarrassing themselves. the crazy posts, removed from reality, justified by prejudice, devoid of fact ....

Well, if those are the posts people Want to make, they are certainly free to do so.
Likes For Maelochs: