Old 09-17-20, 03:52 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11034 Post(s)
Liked 7,584 Times in 4,229 Posts
Originally Posted by Psimet2001

I am attending the virtual Sea Otter today - off and on - and one of my early thoughts was, "Why the f is absolutely every company using the same boring tired - 'let's get some in shape millenials and go ride in cool woods with no actual words or sales pitch but crappy inspirational music. Oh and it has to be raining or wet' Every single ad and promotional piece in this industry is the same anymore.

I SOOOOOOooooo want to do a parody of it as a comedy piece. Set in a corn field of course.
Totally get what you are saying, and with it clearly being a trend, a parody would be funny.

At the same time, nobody is going to hold a casting call for cyclists with a bmi over 30. An image has to be cultivated for high priced clothing to sell.
And to your other point- pro cyclists riding fast could sell an image, but that isnt an image that appeals to me and based on the advertising trend, it doesnt currently appeal to a lot of others.
What pros use isnt very important to me because I dont dream of being emaciated and illegally pulling blood over and over.
I do dream of having an incredible day ride experience with friends.