View Single Post
Old 11-04-20, 08:28 AM
GeraldS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AlanK
Thanks for letting us know. I'm envious but not jealous since I'm happy for you rather than resentful; I just wish mine were here.

As for the bar-end shifters, I've had them before and absolutely love their simplicity, durability, and ultra-low maintenance. The only thing I ever really needed to do was replace the cables when they started to fray.

And also pls let us know how breaking in the Brooks saddle goes. It seems very much like a love it or hate it component so I'd like to get your perspective.
Sorry that in the us they do not go through the same supply chain. Hope you get your bike before next bike season starts.
I just got mine but since winter is starting here, I will not use the bike so do not be to much envious. Just got our first snow fall yesterday.
Just traces on the floor that was gone this morning but still...
Temperature should be good starting tomorrow and for 4 or 5 days so I will be riding this weekend probably for the last time this year and until April/May.

I think I will like the bar-end shifters very much just due to the simplicity of use. I'm sure that the shifter on the break lever would have also demanded getting used to since coming from an hybrid bike.

Like stated above, will only ride once or twice before stopping for winter. Might use my other saddle for ride enjoyment and will break in the Brooks saddle in the spring.
Will keep you informed of how it goes then.

Last edited by GeraldS; 11-04-20 at 09:30 AM.