View Single Post
Old 11-17-20, 05:22 AM
AidanS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by indyfabz
Bianchi is owned by a Swedish conglomerate.
TIL
Originally Posted by Greatestalltime
De Rosa
Over budget
Originally Posted by blakcloud
This is the real question here. It is irrelevant on bike brand/model until you figure this out. In a simple way of describing endurance bikes, they have less reach and more stack than a race bike. Of course there are variations in that but it's basic. Typically you will find that endurance bikes will have longer head tubes, which translates to less saddle to bar drop. Iride01 already touched on this, you could be looking at stack and reach in the geometry sections. Compare this to what you had.

The second part is do you really need an endurance fit? Unfortunately no one can tell you this because it all depends on your likes and dislikes, your fitness level, your flexibility and other variables. Personally I love the endurance fit of my bike but there are plenty of people on this board who love their race bikes. How much did you like riding your Defy? If you loved it then I would say purchase an endurance bike and wait it out until you can get what you need. If you didn't love your Defy, try a race bike and you may find it is even better.

Good luck.
Unfortunately I don’t have the old measurements to compare, plus I’ve recently found out that my defy was two sizes to big for me. So I duno if that will make a difference when changing to a racer bike.
Originally Posted by Joearch
I was also in love with Celeste and wanted an endurance bike. I am pleased with the Inifinito CV as it is a pleasure to ride.
That’s a beauty 😍
Originally Posted by Iride01
If you are going only by how the manufacturer describes and categorizes the bikes for sale, then you are making assumptions you should not be making. IMO. Race bikes to the manufacturer might mean they have lighter and better components, the frames themselves might be a lighter build. Some of the bikes you skip over by eliminating bikes listed as "race" bikes by the maker might have close to the same geometry as your Defy.

If you do go by the actual geometry from the charts, then don't forget that usually there is 30 to 40 mm of spacers above the stack height that the stem actually is on a new bike fresh out of the box.
Any advice on how to read those charts, what are the key numbers I should be looking at?