View Single Post
Old 12-03-20, 02:41 PM
sloppy12

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked 252 Times in 147 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
Last year I was all curious to see what his new company was finally going to release. Then those pics were released that had a couple of bike shapes in black against black backgrounds and I lost a lot of curiosity. Then I saw they would release a flatbar ebike and lost all interest.

Its a neat bit of tech, but I just dont get it.

Cool stuff-
- the integrated headlight and tail lights are really neat. if this can become a trend on bikes, super cool. nobody buys a car or motorcycle and then adds lights to it.
- room for 38mm tires is really good design for this style bike.
- the component selection seems good. grx 1x is simple, reliable, and quality. GK slick tires are quality. good brakes too.
- its relatively light for an ebike.

Questionable stuff-
- what if the lights break? Most everyone that uses lights knows how incredibly frustrating they can be due to not lasting. Does this mean trips to the shop and paying $?...thats lame when a new 500 lumen light can just be strapped to a bar for $60 or quality tail lights can be bought for $30
- $4500 for this bike seems like a lot to ask based on me not totally understanding who wants the bike. Roadies wont want it due to design. Gravel riders wont want it due to design. Weekend warriors wont want this due to design. MTB riders wont want it due to design. People just getting into cycling wont want it due to cost. So is the target audience commuters?...the bikes I see being ridden to and from work are about 4 price levels below this. Is the target audience weekend casual riders wanting to ride to get coffee with a friend or something like that?
I think the market may be AARPers who have cycled for a long time since they will know the name, have $ to buy something like this, and benefit from the motor.
Im curious to hear what the market(s) is.
- Does it really only come in 1 size?!? There is no mention of size or geometry.

Carbon wheelset, integrated lights, quality drivetrain and braking, lightweight even though its an ebike- all really neat. No idea who buys it with flat bars.
After looking at the site, my interest is back since I am curious what the road bike will look like when its released. That has to have a more obvious market, I would hope.
Its a hybrid. people that buy new hybrids and have lots of money will buy it.

ebike wise the looks and weight are pretty impressive. 250watts IMO is kinda low power motor but for someone who is already a bike rider that's plenty. definitely would be sweet set up for someone who cant get out as much but have cycle nut friends and just needs some help keeping up.

I dont think the price is out of line with the weight being considered and components.