View Single Post
Old 12-17-20, 09:47 AM
Pianoboy57

Bikes: 2004 Schwinn Super Sport, 2017 Trek Marlin 6, 1997 Raleigh M80, 200? Schwinn Cruiser SS, 1973 Schwinn Varsity

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I'll be 63 this week. I've loved bikes since I was a kid but I've never been on a group ride, toured, raced or anything like that. I got my own office a couple years ago and guess where my road bike stays? In my office. I've taken to riding at lunch when weather permits which is much of the year where I live. Most of my riding is in the business district or in neighborhoods and It has worked out well. My goal is to get to 5 miles during the limited times I have.

I've lost 30 pounds due to my wife's and MIL's restrictive diets of which I've been a somewhat unwilling participant but it has paid off.

I would encourage anyone who cares about cycling to get of the couch and back on the saddle. It's worth doing and the bike tinkering is very satisfying. I'm in the process of building my own singlespeed/fixie from stuff I have sitting around.

I'm living on 20 acres and I have a tractor. It's got wondering about making my own mtb course....
Likes For Pianoboy57: