Old 03-08-21, 09:14 AM
prj71

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2976 Post(s)
Liked 1,182 Times in 771 Posts
Happy Foot...

I think you are being too one track minded here and all you keep focusing on is downhill gravity riding and how an e-bike would be good for getting back to the top of the hill instead of being hauled back up in a truck or chairlift. While I can somewhat maybe agree with you on that for the downhill riding...I think the real issue being discussed here, which you are missing, is e-bikes used on trails where you have to pedal a lot. Repeatedly going to the top of the hill and coasting back down IS NOT trail riding. That's Enduro/Downhill riding where the bike practically pedals itself.

That video you posted doesn't shown anyone pedaling down Whistler. As I noted above...they are coasting downhill. Your video proves my point on that.

Also...the Trek bikes you posted above (Trek Super Caliber) are Cross Country race bikes. Those bikes aren't even meant for the downhill riding you keep referring to. So posting them to try to make some sort of point about riding at the downhill bike park was useless.

DMC...I'm sure the increased heart rate has to do with the thrill and adrenaline rush from enduro riding.

Last edited by prj71; 03-08-21 at 09:20 AM.