Kapusta
Advanced Slacker

Bikes: Soma Fog Cutter, Surly Wednesday, Canfielld Tilt

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2762 Post(s)
Liked 2,537 Times in 1,433 Posts
Originally Posted by Happy Feet
Why why why... why not just make an argument to debate instead of conflating everything with rhetorical mumbo jumbo?
You are the one that first brought up logical fallacies, not me.

b. Appeal to authority? Sorry, I'm just making some points on an internet discussion forum. There is no authority here other than the mods. I'm not even really advocating - just pointing out some emerging realities.
Appeal to authority right here (look it up).......
The difference is already collapsed, as manufacturers have now created e-mtbs that closely resemble manual mtbs. I didn't do that - I am only acknowledging it exists.
That fact that it is an ineffective appeal to authority does not change what it is. Manufacturers disguise them to resemble normal bikes, so we must believe they are.

c. Really, do you expect anyone to believe that bit about labeling e-riders as handicapped was sincere. From my POV just another attempt to denigrate that stems from a misguided world view that suggests the only valid reason for riding a certain type of bicycle is infirmity.?
Now THAT is an insincere argument you just made. I most certainty DID NOT label e-bike riders as disabled, and think you are smart enough to know that perfectly well. I pointing out just the opposite (that most are NOT disabled).

Last edited by Kapusta; 03-09-21 at 10:48 AM.