Advanced Slacker

Bikes: Soma Fog Cutter, Surly Wednesday, Canfielld Tilt

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2762 Post(s)
Liked 2,537 Times in 1,433 Posts
Originally Posted by Happy Feet
Ok.
I've reread what you've said several times and still can't make sense of it but can feel the emotionalism with which it's written. To me it's more philosophical than practical and I'm not that interested in jousting philosophies.

All I can say is I ride regularly on local trails with both manual mtb and e-mtb users and none of these doom and gloom predictions or fears have come to fruition. All riders get along and co exist. I fear getting mowed down by a reckless younger immortal rider bombing a run than a reckless e-mtb rider. Most of the latter are older, more cautious, courteous and there are usually props and regard given for riders who are cranking manually uphill. I also see how e-mtbs could assume the role that truck ferrying currently fills with no negative impact and even see an improvement over the currently accepted practice by mtbrs in terms of traffic, noise and exhaust.

Those are facts. That's what I experience.
Really? All you got was emotionalism?.

So when you say that a motor is just another tech advancement, similar to disc brakes or suspension, that is being practical When I present arguments why that’s not true that’s being philosophical.

OK, got it.

I knew I was probably wasting my time.

Last edited by Kapusta; 03-09-21 at 02:24 PM.