View Single Post
Old 03-16-21, 10:43 PM
73StellaSX76

Bikes: 2016 SOMA DCD, 2014 Niner RLT9, 2008 Ibis Silk SL, 1998 Ibis Spanky, 1973 Stella SX76

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 80 Times in 46 Posts
I have about 3 years/10k miles on a set of 2x10 Gevenalles and have adapted to shifting them pretty well. Some shifts are awkward depending on where the lever is pointed, but some shifts are the quickest and easiest of any of the half dozen or so different shifting systems which I regularly use. I like the modular nature of them using the Microshift shifters, a swap to a different gearing system can be less involved, and cheaper. I also like how the shift housings and cables are not routed under bar tape, resulting in lighter action shifting than brifters.

In my estimation the winner design would be if a manufacturer could come up with a sequential paddle type shifter unit to mount to the Gevenalle levers. The lever could aim at one constant direction of choice and to shift you’d tip it one direction or the other to upshift or downshift. Some of the mtb trigger shifters had dual action on one of the triggers, might be a good start to mocking up such a sequential shifter on a road lever.