View Single Post
Old 04-20-21, 07:59 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4355 Post(s)
Liked 3,994 Times in 2,665 Posts
Originally Posted by qkcam
Dear Veganbikes you are correct I enjoy bikes and i enjoy learning and fixing things. I used to with my dad work on a few bikes as a kid..it always felt rewarding...gosh back in those days bikes seemed much easier..just basic tools needed. Now I am seeing things are alot more complex.

However I feel i do not fall into either of the catagories you have pegged me. I am a disablefd person .. while i used to ride my bike as a kid and teen (many years ago) all day and half the nite. I am living with the chronic lyme disease and chronic fatigue.. all that to say.. I do not have the luxury of energy to spend doing things that are not really essential for my living condition. .. is riding a bike criticial to my living condition? heck at this point I have no idea if / how much I can really ride a bike.

I know in my mind I love the idea of being able to really ride ... i dont know if my body can handle it ..time will tell. I had an old Marin mountain bike but I found a crack in the frame.. so i picked up a really really cheap used one.. the good thing.. it got me out of the city and into an area i used to go ride with my dog. the bad news is it has an issue..

we have a local bike coop that is non profit and even they were stumped. I wish I had time/ energy and reading ability to look though and learn everything i can .. but I dont have that opportunity.. the time i spend trying to fix bike ( well maybe i should have just bought a new one..- but if i can't ride it ..i dont want to spend so much) is time that i probably need to be doing other things to work on my health. like food ..figuring out how to get more vegetables how to make them tasty and easy get them into mybody. and also a huge one i really should be spending time figuring out how to organize my apartment and downsize so i can move .. soon.

I just lost a week from some very delayed reactions to the vaccine.. oddly it was also just after attempting the 1 x bike ride .

so is there a catagory for disabled but trying to keep living and needs help.

and I did try the google source.. and as i said i even tried the bike non profit self repair. . i guess my next option is to find a 24" wheel and just not worry about getting it apart to clean out the bearings..ya know? i just hate tossing stuff into the trash/ landfill or where ever it wont be used .

it might be easier finding a matching "google" search if i knew the name of the part that holds the 70 ( i hope i found them all after then fell out) bearings . I was able ot get the
""freewheel" off.. by twising clockwise the falcon ring in the middle . i hope i got all the bearings. .. but i still couldn't get the rest of the axle. out. i reckon it is a dead deal.

I am suprised i was able to type so much.. usually i am totally exhuasted by this time.. well by 3pm usually.. i had some energy drink earily as i had to pick up the tools i had laid out side trying to find something to use to get that thing apart.
see i start aproject even something as simple as digging through tools..and then i get exhausted.. my brain gets confused and unclear and i get stuck..but because the tools were outside.. i needed to make sure to bring them in..so i had to push through.

take good care and if you have any easy ..i mean super easy veggies and how to get them in on the regular basis.. if you want to share.. i would love it.. but not to worry.. becasue mabye i am "one of those people" i have no idea.
who i am anymore. even before covid.. i pretty much had become and isolated hermit due to the fatigue and immune issues caused by chronic lyme.. and riding bike again may just be a pipe dream. why are they called 'pipe dreams" ? anyway.

thanks and hope you have some fun!
You are all set. We frequently get a lot of people here who don't have your passion and just want to ask a question and leave and aren't looking to join in on the fun.

You can ride you just gotta believe in yourself and just take it one stroke at a time. It can be tough but you can make it. Just never give up.
Likes For veganbikes: